2021 Terms & Conditions
By entering the ATOM Photo Comp 2021 (‘Competition’), competition entrants (‘Entrant’/‘Entrants’) agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. Failure to abide by these terms and conditions may render an Entrant ineligible for the Competition.
Entrants must submit their entries (‘Entry’/‘Entries’) via the ATOM Photo Comp 2021 entry system (‘Entry System’). Any entry form or supporting materials received via any other method shall be destroyed and will not be considered a valid submission.
All Entries must follow the entry rules & guidelines and Entrants must ensure they meet the eligibility criteria for their chosen category, as outlined on Step 1 of the Entry System.
Please double-check your files before submittin your entry. If we cannot view your submission, we will be unable to judge your photos.
- To be eligible for the Competition, Entrants must complete the online entry form and submit their three (3) photos as described in point 1 (above) by the close of entries: Midday AEST, Friday 23 April 2021. We recommend completing your entry submission earlier, to allow for unforeseen issues that may arise.
- All Entrants must be Australian or New Zealand residents. Employees of ATOM (as well as their immediate family members, e.g. parent, sibling, child) are ineligible. The student categories of the competition are only open to students of the appropriate primary or secondary schooling ages (ages 4–19) during 2021.
- All photos entered must have been taken specifically for the 2021 Competition. All Entries must have been completed between 17 February and 23 April 2021.
- Photos may only be submitted once. Entrants may submit multiple Entries, as long as each Entry differs significantly from any others submitted by that Entrant (it should contain distinctly different photos).
- ATOM reserves the right to use Entry content (including all or part of any photograph submitted by an Entrant) in any manner they choose. Submission of an Entry constitutes consent by the Entrant for ATOM to use the content in this way and also to use the Entrant’s name and photo for publicity purposes.Entries become the property of ATOM. The non-exclusive worldwide rights for all media submitted must be available for five (5) years for use by ATOM.
All copyright, moral rights and rights of personality for all content – including images, text, artwork and models – must be cleared. Failure to clear these rights will result in removal of the Entry from consideration in the competition.
ATOM takes no responsibility for any failure by an Entrant to obtain the necessary authorisations. Entrants warrant that their photos (and any material contained in their photos, including, but not limited to, any logos or commercial content) do not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person or organisation. Entrants (or their parents/guardians) will fully indemnify ATOM against any loss, costs, expenses, demands or liability, whether direct or indirect, arising out of a claim by a third party or another party.
- The Competition judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into regarding the judging process or any outcomes reached.
- ATOM and its affiliates as well as their respective directors, officers and employees, shall assume no liability resulting from losses, delays, mistaken addresses on email received, typographical errors, technical, computer or telephone malfunctions, loss or theft of computer or telephone data, damage to software or computer equipment, fraudulent calls or any other mistake.
- All personal information, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address and age, is collected solely for the purposes of administering this Competition and shall not be used for any other purpose without your consent. By providing this information, you consent to it being used by ATOM, and its affiliates, for the stated purposes.