RULES & GUIDELINES
Please read and carefully consider the following details and guidelines for the ATOM Photo Comp 2017 before submitting your photos.
All entrants must adhere to the following guidelines:
Each entry must be based on this year’s theme: My Backyard. Please click here for more detail about the theme.
- Entry is free, and is open to all Australian and New Zealand residents.
- All photos must be taken specifically for the ATOM Photo Comp 2017.
- Entrants may use digital image manipulation (e.g. Photoshop) if they desire.
- If you include any copyrighted content in your photos (e.g. posters, brand-name props), you must be able to provide written permission for its use. Entries containing any unauthorised content will be disqualified. You can contact the following organisations for more detailed information and resources:
Australian Copyright Council for information on copyright law
Arts Law Centre of Australia for information on laws affecting all areas of the arts
Copyright Agency for information on literary and visual copyright
Viscopy for information on copyright of visual images
- All entries must be submitted online (including uploading of your three photographs) by close of entries: Midday AEST, Friday 1 September 2017.
Entries can be submitted to one of five categories:
- Lower Primary (Years F–3)
- Upper Primary (Years 4–6)
- Lower Secondary (Years 7–9)
- Upper Secondary (Years 10–12)
Photos may only be submitted once. Entrants may submit multiple entries, as long as each entry differs significantly from any others submitted by that entrant (it should contain distinctly different photos).
Online Entry System
In order for your entry to be valid, you must submit it using the online entry system on this website, including:
- Completing the online entry form, including a short written statement about how you have addressed the theme.
- Uploading your 3 photographs.
If you have any questions, or are having trouble submitting your entry online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org – we are here to help.
This year’s judges will be announced later in the year.
The judges may disqualify an entry if they have reason to believe that it does not comply with the entry Terms and Conditions, so make sure you have read them thoroughly!
Finalists and winners
Six finalists in each of the five categories will be contacted via email and announced on this website on Wednesday 11 October. Please ensure you submit a valid email address with your entry.
The winner of each of the five categories will be contacted via email and announced at the 2017 SAE ATOM Awards, held in Melbourne in October and November.
Prizes for winners of each of the five age-group categories include a Canon EOS 700D camera (RRP: $1029), generously donated by Ted’s Cameras.